Our nationwide menopause support groups provide a safe and confidential space for group menopause counselling and therapy, where those experiencing menopause and perimenopause can:
- Learn about and understand the impact of menopause and perimenopause on mental health
- Receive support and advice from a mental health professional
- Learn new ways of thinking and coping from both the group facilitator and fellow participants
- Improve symptoms of menopause
- Explore themes of loss, loneliness, and hope
- Share their experiences
- Better understand and come to terms with this stage of life
- Feel less isolated and more connected to others with similar experiences
Menopause and Mental Health
Engaging in a therapeutic approach to menopause treatment can be beneficial for managing mental health difficulties related to menopause, and improving overall symptoms in turn. Common mental health difficulties individuals going through menopause may experience include:
- Low mood
- Lack of motivation
- Mood swings
Menopause is often stigmatised and misunderstood, and can often be a lonely experience for those experiencing it. Poorer mental health during menopause and perimenopause can be due to a number of reasons, including hormonal changes, stage of life changes, isolation and stigma, and our menopause support group is designed to help manage these feelings and improve symptoms.
Group Therapy – A Holistic Menopause Treatment
Group therapy can be a very effective holistic menopause treatment, and can support individuals in dealing with the physical, psychological and emotional symptoms of menopause.
Psychoeducational and process group therapy is designed to provide a confidential and safe space for group processing, questions and discussion to take place. Participants will receive advice and support from a qualified mental health professional, and learn new ways of thinking and coping from both the group facilitator, and their fellow participants. They also get the opportunity to share their experiences with individuals in similar situations, and in turn feel less isolated and more connected.
Our menopause support groups also focus on themes of loss, loneliness, and hope – giving consideration to the deeper emotional impact of menopause. The group provides a non-medical, holistic treatment approach to living with menopause and perimenopause, and explores the impact of physical symptoms and questions many people face around whether to engage with medical treatments or not.
Please note that the group does not provide access to medical treatment.*
How Our Menopause Support Groups Work
We run menopause counselling groups in Ireland both online and in person at some of our clinic locations nationwide:
- Our menopause support groups are made up of 8-12 participants and are facilitated by one of our registered and experienced psychotherapists, who will guide the group therapy session and provide specific material and concepts before opening the floor for a group discussion.
- The group takes place every Monday evening for 1.5 hours, for 6 consecutive weeks.
- The six sessions are structured so that each week leads into the next.
You can find out about our current and upcoming menopause support groups across Ireland by getting in touch with our booking team.
- €375 for the 6 weeks
Payment must be made over the phone or via our website at the time of booking in order to secure your space.
Who is it for?
Our menopause therapy support groups are suitable for anyone who is experiencing menopause or perimenopause and wishes to learn about the psychological impact of this stage of life, connect with others going through a similar experience, and receive support in managing the emotional impact of menopause or perimenopause from a mental health professional in a group setting.
How To Book
If you would like to speak to a member of our team to book your space or to find out more information about our current or upcoming menopause support groups don’t hesitate to get in touch via the contact form on this page, or by calling us on 01 611 1719. Please note, spaces in our group therapy sessions can not be booked via our online booking system.