Our GP Referral Service
Here at Centric Mental Health, we have a GP referral pathway via HealthLink for our Mental Health Services for mild to moderate presentations. We treat a wide range of mental health issues for adults, teens, children, couples and families led by our expert Clinical Governance Team.
Here are 3 explainer videos about who we are, what we treat and our referral process.
1: Who We Are, locations
& Who we Support
2: What we Treat
& Clinical Approach
3: HealthLink Referrals &
What To Consider Before Referring
- We do not employ or work with clinicians who are not members of a relevant professional body or association. This ensures that our clinicians are the best in their field and adhere to the code of ethics of their organisations, as well as the strict standards of practice with Centric Mental Health
- We are led by a team of doctoral level psychologists who provide clinical governance across the service. This means our level of regulation and oversight of our clinical team is far superior to that employed by most other private mental health services
- We are able to have shorter waiting lists than public services due to the efficiency and size of our clinical network
- Our extensive and diverse team of professionals means we can always recommend and direct clients towards the most appropriate clinician for their individual needs
- Referrals are acknowledged via Healthlink, and the clinician will update referring GPs with a referral confirmation outlining a summary treatment plan. This will be followed by an outcome summary on patient discharge.
- We use a unique layered care approach to the provision of services, which helps keeps costs to the client down while providing effective and efficient care
- eReferrals can be sent electronically via Healthlink which is reviewed by our booking team.
- If the referral is identified as appropriate for services within SMH (i.e. the presenting difficulty falls within the mild to moderate range) assignment to a clinician for therapy will occur.
- All referrals will be acknowledged via Healthlink, and the clinician will update referring GPs with a referral confirmation outlining a summary treatment plan. This will be followed by an outcome summary on patient discharge.
With a vastly experienced and qualified team, we can provide therapeutic support for individuals experiencing mental health difficulties within the mild to moderate range. We also operate an Occupational Mental Health assessment service and can provide consultation to GPs regarding potential mental health referrals for their patients.
- Adjustment Problems
- Coping with injury/illness
- Education – Academic Problems
- Life Cycle Development Issues
- Mood Difficulties (including depression)
- Parenting difficulties/Familial conflict
- Relationship Difficulties
- Sleep difficulties
Who We Treat
- Families (Family Therapy)
Clinical governance consists of a team of senior clinicians who act as both team leads and daily sources of consultation, support and guidance for the psychologists and psychotherapists working within our service. This team reports directly to our Primary Care Clinical Manager, Dr Jayne Gimes and Clinical Director, Dr Greg Herbert.
Our team of 30+ accrediated clinicans are lead by Dr Jayne Gimes, Counselling Psychologist and Primary Care Clinical Manager, with robust clinical governace in place. We are very selective when it comes to our team, with only appropriately trained and accredited professionals to delivering our services. All psychologists and psychotherapists working with us have undertaken specific training and have accrued extensive experience both within their training and post qualification. All clinicians are members of their respective professional bodies guaranteeing a high degree of education, training and clinical experience.
Suitable for a patient when:
- There is experience of mild to moderate mental health difficulties
- Engagement with talk therapy would be helpful
- Patient is willing to engage with talk therapy
for a patient who:
- Is in the midst of a mental health crisis
- Is exhibiting high levels of risk to self or others i.e. the patient is actively suicidal, homicidal or threatening
- Has been recently hospitalised for psychiatric reasons or requires step down care following psychiatric hospitalisation
- Is showing signs of active substance misuse or addiction
Healthlink ereferrals can be sent to Centric Mental Health Primary Care Services. Centric Mental Health is Centric Health Company providing psychology and psychotherapy in primary care for mild to moderate mental health presentations. The service treats presentations in:
• children (aged 5+)
A summary of the presenting issues treated include anxiety, bereavement, mood difficulties (including depression), adjustment issues relationship/family difficulties, stress and trauma. Our team uses a mix of CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), Psychodynamic Therapy for longer term issues of Trauma Person Centred approach. Please note this service is not appropriate for urgent cases.
The service has clinics covering the following areas.
Referrals can be placed through your practice management system or through Healthlink online. Patients can also self-refer by calling a 01- 4163541 or emailing [email protected]. All referrals will be acknowledged via Healthlink and the clinician will update referring GP’s with a referral confirmation outlining a summary treatment plan. This will be followed by an outcome summary on patient discharge.
Healthlink eReferrals on practice management system: