Our GP Service
Spectrum Mental Health’s GP referral service offers GPs direct access to a team of senior clinicians to identify the most appropriate mental health treatment plan for a patient.
With a vastly experienced and qualified team, we can provide therapeutic support for individuals experiencing mental health difficulties within the mild to moderate range. We also operate an Occupational Mental Health assessment service and canprovide consultation to GPs regarding potential mental health.
- Adjustment Problems
- Coping with injury/illness
- Education – Academic Problems
- Life Cycle Development Issues
- Mood Difficulties (including depression)
- Parenting difficulties/Familial conflict
- Relationship Difficulties
- Sleep difficulties
Who We Treat
- Families (Family Therapy)
- eReferrals can be sent electronically via Healthlink which is reviewed by our booking team.
- If the referral is identified as appropriate for services within SMH (i.e. the presenting difficulty falls within the mild to moderate range) assignment to a clinician for therapy will occur.
- If the referral is inappropriate for therapy within SMH, the individual will either be seen for treatment planning within our Senior Psychologist Consultant Service to assist with onward referral, or the clinical governance team will reach out to the referring GP to liaise around potential external referral options for appropriate services.
- A recommendation is made. Patients can also self refer via 01 – 4163541 and or by emailing [email protected]
Suitable for a patient when:
- There is experience of mild to moderate mental health difficulties
- Engagement with talk therapy would be helpful
- Patient is willing to engage with talk therapy
for a patient who:
- Is in the midst of a mental health crisis
- Is exhibiting high levels of risk to self or others i.e. the patient is actively suicidal, homicidal or threatening
- Has been recently hospitalised for psychiatric reasons or requires step down care following psychiatric hospitalisation
- Is showing signs of active substance misuse or addiction
We are very selective when it comes to our team, allowing only the most appropriately trained and accredited professionals to deliver our services. All psychologists and psychotherapists working with us have undertaken specific training, have accrued extensive experience within their training and post qualification. All team members are members of their respective professional bodies guaranteeing a high degree of education, training and clinical experience.
Clinical governance consists of a team of senior clinicians who act as both team leads and sources of consultation, support and guidance for the psychologists and psychotherapists working within our service. This team reports directly to our Clinical Director.
Functions of Clinical Governance include:
Quality assessment and improvement
of regulatory standards
Education and training