Quick Links for CBT Programme
Centric Mental Health now offer a cost-efficient Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) programme which includes:
- 6 one-to-one sessions (30 minutes each) with a qualified and registered clinician over 12 weeks, either online or in person at one of our nationwide clinic locations
- 12 weeks of Digital Therapy, guided by our clinician
- 9 months of further access to self-guided Digital Therapy
What is CBT?
- CBT is a short-term, practical, and solution-focused therapeutic approach in which the clinician works with the client to explore how their thoughts, emotions and behaviours are connected, and how they affect one another.
- CBT places an emphasis on helping individuals help themselves by focusing on the person’s current difficulties and working towards finding an immediate solution.
- CBT has been proven to be highly effective for treating a range of problems including depression and anxiety, with a high proportion of clients reporting clinically significant improvements.
What is Digital Therapy?
- Digital Therapy involves online programmes designed to provide clients with the skills to improve their mental health and better understand their thoughts, feelings and behaviours, through interactive modules, tools and content that are tailored to the difficulties the client is facing, and can be accessed at any time, on any device.
- Programmes can either be guided by a clinician or self-guided by the client.
- We have partnered with SilverCloud to deliver Digital Therapy as a component of our CBT Programme, as SilverCloud has nearly two decades of clinical research on the effective digital delivery of mental and behavioural health interventions.
- Our Digital Therapy provides an easy-to-use, evidence-based and modern digital platform for the delivery of effective mental health programmes that empower the client to take control of their mental health and wellbeing.
How does our CBT Programme work?
- Over the first 12 weeks of the CBT Programme the client will have six bi-weekly 1-to-1 CBT sessions (30 minutes each) with their clinician, either online or in-person at one of our clinic locations. The client will also work through their specially selected Digital CBT modules guided by their clinician. These modules can be accessed on any device, at any time.
- At the end of the 12 weeks, clients will have a further 9 months access to the Digital Therapy platform and resources ,and will be educated to use them on a self-guided basis.
- This programme is entirely clinician-led, with therapeutic support provided to the client through 1-to-1 therapy sessions with one of our experienced clinicians.
- We have an excellent team of fully trained and diversely experienced counselling psychotherapists and psychologists, who are all registered with their relevant professional bodies, including The IACP, The IAHIP, The PSI, The ICP, The APPI, The FTAI, and The BACP.
How to book our CBT programme
This programme is suitable for individuals (18+) who are looking to gain tools to understand and manage a range of mood and anxiety disorders.*
- Clients can self-refer by getting in touch with our booking team via [email protected] or 01 611 1719, or by filling out the contact form on this page.
- You will then be scheduled for your first 1-to-1 session which will be a 30-minute intake assessment, either in person or online, in which one of our experienced and registered therapists will get to know you and the challenges you are facing, to ensure that this service is right for you.
- eReferrals for this service can be sent via Healthlink, or by contacting us at 01 611 1719 or [email protected].
- GP referrals are reviewed by our team and the patient will be contacted and scheduled in for their initial intake appointment to establish whether they are suited to this service.
What’s included in our CBT programme?
In addition to fortnightly 30-minute 1-to-1 sessions with a clinician, the client will engage with SilverCloud’s digital CBT modules and tools to support their treatment.
- What Can Make Your Mental Health Worse?
- What Can Help Your Mental Health?
- Understanding Depression and Anxiety
- Noticing Feelings
- Boosting Behaviour
- Spotting Thoughts
- Challenging thoughts
- Managing Worry
- Staying Well During a Crisis
- Looking to the Future
- Mood Monitor
- CBT Cycle
- Facing Your Fears
- Your Mood and Your Body
- Activity Scheduling
- Goal Setting
- Care Plan
- Stress and Vulnerability Tool
- Grounding Skills
- Long Term Goals
- Mindful Listening Exercise
*Please note, this service is designed to provide support for individuals who are experiencing non-complex mental health difficulties that are not significantly impacting on their functioning.